Friday, November 5, 2010

IVF is a Waiting Game....

One of the things that I struggle the most with is the waiting with IVF. Once you get to this point in the journey, you already feel like you have spent so much time waiting. Anything longer feels intolerable.

On Tuesday, they were sure we would trigger on Thursday, yesterday they were sure we would trigger tonight, today we are not so sure. The good news is I have 10 follicles. The number sure fluctuates a lot!

I know that the name of the game is to get as many follicles as mature as you can. I am such a planner though. This uneasy feeling of not knowing is difficult for me. We actually had used up all of our ganerelix last night so it didn't even occur to me that we might have to go one more day. They were great about it and gave me another day's worth just in case. Although, deep down I am really hoping that we do not need it. Being type A me, I want to get this show on the road already.

My stomach is in knots right now, I just want to know the plan.

I will just take a deep breath, hope for the best, and wait.

2 comments:

  1. YOU HAVE TEN FOLLICLES??

    My fellow senior(ish) sister, you are AMAZING!!!

    Ride it out. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I know that 10 is good. Just ready for this train to leave the station already:D

    ReplyDelete