Sunday, November 7, 2010

Egg-static

So the deed is done! I have to say having your egg retrieval date falling on the day that time changes add an additional layer of needless worry. Did they remember that time changed when scheduling? Oyy...chill you must chill....

We went into the Conceptions office this morning for our egg retrieval procedure. I have to admit I was more than a little nervous when the anesthesiologist walked me over to the room where the procedure was done. He put me at ease very easily and started my IV. Funny how quickly it starts to work, almost immediately. I think I was only awake for five seconds after the Dr came in. Next thing I knew, they were waking me up and walking me back across the hall to my husband. Really nothing to it. I am tired and a little sore but nothing like I had imagined it would be. Picturing needles being where you never thought they would be has a tendency to really get you imagination going:D

They were able to retrieve six eggs. Six is my new favorite number! It feels like a good number, I hope that it is. They will call us tomorrow to give us the fertility report.

Now, I go back to bed and we wait.

5 comments:

  1. 6 has always been my lucky number. I hope it's lucky for you, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Hoping for much fertilization for you :-)

    Welcome to the blogging world! (just found you via LFCA)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for getting this far and GOOD luck! I hope you have a stellar fert report :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from Cycle Sista! Just wanted to wish you good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from LFCA to say welcome to this incredible IF blogosphere of some of the most amazing, strong women you'll ever "meet". Sorry your struggling with infertility, but glad you're here and battling on with the rest of us! Thinking of you and hoping you received a good fertilization report today! Wishing you continued strength as you journey this path.

    ReplyDelete