Saturday, October 30, 2010

Relax. It is going to be okay.

IVF is definitely not for the faint of heart. It requires a lot of commitment. Commitment of time, of money, and lets not forget the emotional commitment. The road that Bill and I have taken, is not easy. Sure, we could have said no children but that was not what felt right for us.

I felt the emotional toll it can take when my husband got home last night. He was at a customers house late, got home a few minutes after we were supposed to do the injections. When he came upstairs I could see the panic in his face. He felt like he had failed me. Of course, this is impossible. This man, who is giving me injections nightly in spite of a fear of needles had not failed me. It absolutely broke my heart to see him so stressed out. I told him that it was okay and we were going to be okay.

I know that as we go through this process we will need to support each other. I think that the weight of the IVF process will weigh heavily on both of us at different times and in different ways.

I do feel very lucky today. Lucky that we live in a time when science can help us. Lucky that I have insurance that will cover the IVF. Lucky that I am spending my life with someone as amazing as my husband and someone who would do absolutely anything for me. Very lucky, indeed.

You know, we are going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment