Wednesday, October 27, 2010

14 Follicles and 1 Big Cyst

Today started out innocently enough. We are supposed to be starting our injections tomorrow night. We had to go into the Doctors office this morning to have blood work done and an ultrasound. Really was supposed to be a quite simple process.

We go in for the Ultrasound and the technician starts counting follicles, "1, 2, and here is a big cyst on your left ovary". What? How is there a cyst on my left ovary? We have had 2-3 ultrasounds in the last month and it wasn't there then. I have been on birth control pills for a month. The reason for the birth control pills I was told was to avoid a cyst. The ultrasound technician then tells us that it will be a conversation with the IVF nurse that will tell us whether our cycle which is barely off the ground has been cancelled already.

The other thing that worries me a little is the follicle count. When we had this done in June prior to our miscarriage the follicle count was 19. This seems like a big drop to me. Maybe not. When you are over 40 these little adjustments feel huge.

So, we sit down with the IVF nurse and she tells us we will need to wait for them to call this afternoon to see if our cycle will be cancelled. Apparently, the blood work will tell them if this is a dormant or active cyst. Something in the estrogen levels will determine whether or not to cancel our cycle. Something in heart is telling me it will probably be cancelled. I know that this cyst is new.

I am going to be praying all day long that my gut is wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Baby! I have been praying all day! I haven't been able to concentrate at all, worried about the results. Just remember, I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete