Friday, October 21, 2011

Kind of Sort of Getting a Routine Going....

I have found the whole process of getting a back to work routine going, challenging to say the least.

I am very lucky that my Mom is watching the babies for us. That being said, my commute both ways is about an hour longer than it otherwise would be. The babies and I are not getting home until 5:30 or 6 and they really like to be asleep between 6:30 and 7. My attempts to keep them up a little later with some play time have failed miserably.

I get home, get them fed and in jammies, and before we know it it is off to bed we go. Most nights lately, my husband has been home too which makes life so much easier. I go back downstairs and make our dinner and we are eating around 8. The babies, more often then not, will sleep through to 5 or 6 am and it all starts again.

I am trying so hard to find a workout time to get myself back in gear. My time with the babies is already so slim, I don't want to do it after work. After dinner is too late. Truthfully, I am still exhausted in the morning so before work has been a struggle. I have really been toying with cancelling my gym membership near my house and joining one near my work for a lunchtime workout. I am really starting to think that is the only way I am going to get this in.

This may sound weird to some but the workouts are very important to me. I went through some health problems a few years back and it was the addition of an exercise routine that I feel turned it all around. It has been a year since I have really been able to exercise and that is not good.

I am thinking the lunchtime idea is the only way to go.......



No comments:

Post a Comment