Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's My Blogversary....

Is that a word? Probably not.

One year ago I started my blog. We had just made the decision to go ahead with our first IVF cycle. We said we would only do one cycle and that was it. Truthfully, I probably would have done two, but no more. I thought it would be helpful to put my thoughts down as we went through the process. If anyone would have told me a year ago that I would have two amazing babies napping in the living room, I wouldn't have believed them.

I was hopeful, and I was optimistic, but in the back of my head I was worried. Worried that it wouldn't work. Worried that I was too old. Worried that I would have another miscarriage. Worried that if I did have another miscarriage, I wouldn't survive it. Worried the baby wouldn't be okay. So many things to worry about.

I am happy to be blogging today with a much different focus than the one I started with. A focus on our chaotic, happy family. In retrospect, jumping forward with that IVF cycle was the single best decision of my entire life. I look at these babies and I cannot imagine my life without either one of them.I love that we are forging ahead and creating our own traditions with these babies.

Happy Blogversary to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment