Saturday, December 11, 2010

Up Early Again

Courtesy of Google Images


So funny, the last few years I have definitely been someone who wakes up early. Not true, when I was younger! This is even more pronounced the last few weeks. I am pretty exhausted at night and am asleep by 10 at the latest. Like clockwork though, I wake up raring to go between 3 and 4. I don't mind it so much though. I have so much on my mind it is nice to have this quiet time.

I have been having a lot of what I think are regular pregnancy symptoms this week which although not tons of fun; are giving me a certain degree of comfort. I have started to have a lot of nausea this week. Never in the morning though; always at night. I was supposed to go to a dinner for work last night but I was just too sick to go. Most people do not know I am pregnant and it would be pretty embarrassing to have to run out of the restaurant. I have also been having some pretty severe muscle pain. The Dr's office has told me that it is round ligament pain and is nothing to worry about. Knowing that, I just kind of roll with it. I just need to get out of bed very slowly, if I stand up to fast-wow! I do find myself wondering if the early onset of this symptom could be a sign of twins.....

I have been taking it very easy this week and the spotting has subsided. I think they may have been right and I may have been pushing myself too hard. When you are so used to being on the go all the time it is harder than you would think to pull back . I think this is something that I will struggle with god willing all through this pregnancy.


Only 3 more days till our first ultrasound. I am nervous and excited. I do have a really good feeling about it though. As cautious as I try to be, I just know there will be a heartbeat on Tuesday, I just know it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear of your symptoms (but sorry to hear how they make you feel)! Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for the u/s! Take it easy getting out of bed - don't you know you're pregnant?! :D

    ReplyDelete